Why would a Fan want to host a house concert?
House concerts rock! Fans get:
· An intimate, personal, participatory live music experience surrounded by friends from the comfort of their own home
· Connection to the musician – you get to know them as a person, not just as an act on stage
· To impress your friends! Not only do you know about the best music, you get the musicians to play live at your house. How cool are you?!
· To see live music from the comfort of your own home – music venues are often loud, smoky, you’re not necessarily with the people you want to be with, and pay for expensive drinks.
I want to book a musician for an event. How does the booking process work?
Hear It Local makes it easy to find the perfect musician or band for any live music event.
1.) Start by searching musician profiles by genre, popularity, and price to find perfect fit for your upcoming event. Select “Book Now” when you find the winner.
2.) We’ll walk you through all of the logistics (this includes deciding whether you want to pay direct or crowd-fund the event through friends).
3.) The artist will have 48 hours to accept, decline, or make a counter offer.
4.) Once the artist has approved a booking offer, you’ll have 48 hours to respond.
5.) We’ll help you invite friends via Facebook / twitter / email.
What is crowd funding?
When you make a booking offer, you have the option to pay the booking fee directly or “crowd fund” the event. Crowd funding lets you collect money from your guests prior to the event.
What's the difference between Guaranteeing and NOT Guaranteeing the funding goal?
If you crowd fund an event, you have the option to Guarantee the funding goal. This means that if your guests do not meet the funding goal, you will pay the difference. Artists are more likely to accept guaranteed booking offers. As an additional perk, you get to keep any money raised above the funding goal.
If you choose to NOT Guarantee the funding goal, you won’t be on the hook for the funding goal. You’ll have the option to cancel the event (up to a week prior to the event) if it’s not looking like you’ll meet the funding goal. If you surpass the funding goal, all additional funds will go to the artist.
How much do Bands typically charge for events?
Booking fees vary. Musicians list their typical fees for different kinds of events in their profile. You can make a booking offer based on your budget.
Fees typically range anywhere from $50 to $500 for house concerts and private events. Crowd-funding a house concert is a very affordable way to enjoy live music with friends (typically $5-$20 per guest).
What does Hear It Local charge me – the event organizer?
Hear It Local does not charge the event host any additional fees.
If you pay for the event directly, you just pay the booking fee that’s negotiated between you and the musician. If you crowd-fund the event, each guest will be charged a nominal fee of $0.50 (in addition to the minimum fee that you set) to cover our credit card processing fees.
What happens if the event doesn't get fully funded before the funding deadline?
1.) If you opted to pay for the event yourself, then there’s no funding deadline. Your card will be charged the day of the event.
2.) If you chose to crowd fund the event andyouGuaranteed the booking fee, your card will be charged the remainder of the funding goal the day of the event.
3.) If you chose to crowd fund the event and did NOT Guarantee the booking, you will receive an email outlining these 3 options prior to the funding deadline (7 days prior to the event):
-The host can opt to pay the difference. The host’s card will be charged at the time of the event.
-The host can ask the artist to reduce the fee to the current dollar amount raised. The artist can accept the new terms or decline.
-The host can cancel the event before the funding deadline without penalty. If the funding goal is not met at the time of the funding deadline, the event will be automatically canceled.
What happens if the funding goal is exceeded?
If you guaranteed the funding goal, all excess funds raised above the funding goal will be paid to you (the host) within two weeks after the performance.
If the funding goal is Not Guaranteed, all excess funds raised above the funding goal will be paid to the artist within two weeks after the performance.
What are the cancellation policies for host-paid events?
-Artist cancels more than 7 days prior to the event. No fee will be charged.
-Artist cancels within 7 days of the event. No fee will be charged. Hear It Local reserves the right to issue the artist Strike 1, and the artist faces possible suspension or termination of Membership. Host may post feedback.
-Host cancels more than 7 days prior to the event. No fee will be charged. Host cannot post feedback.
-Host cancels within 7 days of the event. A partial refund will be provided. An artist reimbursement fee will be allocated to the artist, which represents 10% of the booking fee. Additionally, the host forfeits a 10% transaction fee, which goes to cover Hear It Local’s processing fees. The remaining 80% of the booking fee is refunded to the host.
What are the cancellation policies for crowd-funded events?
-Artist cancels more than 7 days prior. No fee will be charged.
-Artist cancels within 7 days of the event. No fee will be charged. Hear It Local reserves the right to issue the artist Strike 1, and the artist faces possible suspension or termination of Membership. Host may post feedback
-Host cancellation more than 7 days prior to the event. No fee will be charged. Host cannot post feedback
-Host cancellation within 7 days of the event. A partial refund will be provided. An artist reimbursement fee will be allocated to the artist, which represents 10% of the booking fee. Additionally, the host forfeits a 10% transaction fee, which goes to cover Hear It Local’s processing fees. The remaining 80% of the booking fee is refunded to the host.
How does GetBooked work?
The GetBooked custom tab image, “Book a House Concert” educates consumers that it’s possible to book their favorite band for a house show. Fans go through a quick and easy booking request process where they submit their location, the date and time of the event, the amount they are offering to pay the artist for the show, and other pertinent information. Fans can decide to crowd fund the event through the app as well. The artist has 48 hours to accept, counter-offer, or decline the booking offer. Once the artist accepts the booking request, GetBooked allows the fan to easily promote the show to friends on Facebook.
GetBooked leverages the artist’s existing fan base to create a new, sustainable revenue stream requiring no additional marketing effort. GetBooked brings fans extraordinary live music experiences, right in their own homes and allows artists to make a living doing what they love.
What are house concerts?
House concerts are live music events held in your home, backyard, or anywhere you please that can range in size from anywhere to 5 people on up. House concerts can take a form similar to a typical concert, where the guests are there to listen to the performance, or they can take a form similar to a private event, where the live music is a part of the party experience, but doesn’t take center stage. House concerts are an amazing way to bring friends together and to listen to the music of the artists that you love in a more intimate setting. We believe that house concerts are the key to powering a sustainable independent music economy.
Why would a musician want to play a house concert?
A house concert is one of the best gigs an independent artist can get! Artists get:
- A captive audience there to listen to the music
- A way to fill out unbooked dates on a tour or at home
- The opportunity to break down the barrier between musicians and fans and build real connections
- Easy opportunities to sell merch
- Access to new fans (often the host will invite his friends, many of whom are new to the artist)
And GetBooked offers:
- Fan education and inspiration. If you let them know that house concerts are possible and affordable, they’ll want to book!
- Direct to fan booking with no additional marketing effort
- Booking offers that come to the artist, rather than the other way around
- Artists don’t have to worry about negotiating fees or whether or not they will receive payment at the end of the night – all of that is taken care of with the GetBooked app.
- Artists set the terms of the engagement up front (minimum booking fee, minimum number of guests) so the fan knows the parameters before submitting a booking request. No haggling.
Why would a fan want to host a house concert?
House concerts rock! Fans get:
- An intimate, personal, participatory live music experience surrounded by friends from the comfort of their own home
- Connection to the musician – you get to know them as a person, not just as an act on stage
- The opportunity to bring live music to people who don’t often get to experience it. House concerts open up live music to people of all ages (from grandparents to young children) and creates memorable music experiences you can share with all the people you love.
- To provide a venue to support local, independent artists to do what they love and to make a living doing it
- To impress your friends! Not only do you know about the best music, you get the musicians to play live at your house. How cool are you?!
- To see live music from the comfort of your own home – music venues are often loud, cramped, expensive, and some of the best local shows start too late.
And GetBooked offers:
- You don’t have to go hunting around to find live music for your event. You know which of your favorite artists are available and interested in booking house concerts and you can do it right from their Facebook fan page
- You don’t have to reach out directly to the artist – GetBooked does everything for you - just input your event information
- You don’t have to worry about offering too much or too little $$. GetBooked offers suggested pricing (based on the artist’s input) so you know what is an appropriate range to offer.
- Crowd funding! Let your friends help cover the cost of the event. GetBooked will take donations from friends, help you market the event to your community, and even let you back out of the booking if you can’t get it funded in time.
- No awkward money exchange at the end of the night – all of the funding is handled up front by GetBooked so you get to have a personal relationship, rather than a business transaction, with the musicians you love.
Who is GetBooked for?
GetBooked is a Facebook app for independent musicians who want to inspire and enable their fans to book them for house concerts and private events. Most fans have no idea that they can get their favorite independent musician to play a live show at their house for a reasonable fee. Once they find out, they’re excited to make it happen and they just need the tools to facilitate the process. GetBooked works on both fronts. The custom app tab icon serves to educate fans about what’s possible (Book a House Concert) and then guides them though a fast and simple booking request process. This means that independent musicians get bookings (while they’re on tour, or playing locally) and make money on Facebook without having to do any additional marketing. And it means that fans get extraordinary live music experiences, delivered to their door. Just install the app and let the button bring fan-generated bookings to you.
What is Hear It Local?
Hear It Local is the booking platform for Independent music. We help fans find, fund and book local musicians for their house concerts and parties, and we connect industry professionals with musicians for their venues and events. Our booking platform makes it easy for anyone to book live, independent music.
The company was founded by Matt Lombardi, CEO, a die-hard music fan, and Glenn Shope, CTO and Independent musician.
Is Membership Free?
Yes! Membership is free for all member types, sign up now!
I forgot my password. How do I retrieve it?
From the home page, click on "sign in" found in the header. From there, select "forgot your password?".
I am a musician, a booking agent, and I run a local record store. Can I promote all of these profiles under one account?
Yes. Simply create an account for one of your entities (music fan, musician, venue). Once your account has been created, scroll down on the Profile Switcher to find the text, Add a profile.
From there you can add additional artist/musician or venue profiles.
How do I add songs, images, video, and other content onto my artist profile page?
That's an easy one! Just login and select "Edit My Profile" under your profile picture. You can access and edit your artist profile from here.
I registered but can not seem to login. What now?
You should have received a verification email during the sign up process. If you did not receive this e-mail, please double check your spam folder.
If it’s not there, you can send an email through the “Give us Your Feedback” form and we will assist you further.
Please include your name, email and telephone number in your submittal.
How can I find a musician or band that I'm looking for?
The easiest way is to hit the “Book an Artist” link on the navigation bar. From there you can use the search field to find a particular artist or browse artists by genre, top-rated, most popular, or alphabetically.
How do I upload photos to my profile page?
Login and select the "Edit My Profile" link under your name and profile information (left side of the site). From there, select "edit images."
How can I delete my account?
You can email email@example.com and he’ll take care of it for you.
Why are house concerts great for musicians?
A House Concert is one of the best gigs an independent musician can get!
- A captive audience focused on their music
- A way to fill out unbooked dates on tour or at home
- An opportunity to build a die-hard fan base and sell merch
I'm an Artist or in a Band, how can Hear It Local help?
Hear It Local is the booking platform for independent music. We help musicians get paying gigs at live music venues and house concerts.
We also help musicians promote their shows. Connect your Hear It Local profile to ArtistData or upload your tour dates manually to get your shows listed on Hear It Local’s calendar.
How do I install GetBooked on my musician fan page?
You can install the app here: http://on.fb.me/SnT9x2
Then select “go to app.”
How much do you charge artists?
There are no signup costs and no subscription fees – the app is free. We make money only when the musician does through a 7.5% revenue share on bookings.
After getting booked for an event, how do I get paid and when does it happen?
Hear It Local will request the artist’s bank information so that we can make an ACH payment. This is the simplest way to transfer funds. The funds will be transferred within 14 days after the event.
I manage a venue. Can I get my shows included on the live music calendar?
Yes. If you do not have an account already, sign up as a “venue owner / manager.” Once this is complete and you are logged in, go to "your dashboard." Simply select the calendar icon to manage your shows.
I am a local Promoter, how can Hear It Local help?
We’ve partnered with over a dozens of promoters & music venues to develop better infrastructure for live music.
How do we work with promoters?
Once you get set up as a promoter on Hear It Local, you’ll get access to tools that will make content management, logistics, and show promotion a snap. Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- Automate your calendar. We make it easy to maintain a media-rich calendar on Hear It Local.
- Using our API, we’ll display the media rich calendar on your own website. (If you don’t have a site, we’ll set one up for you!)
- Synchronize your calendar with social media. We’ll connect your account to Facebook and Twitter to automate the promotion of your events.
- Set you up with online radio. We’ll hook you up with a radio channel on Hear It Local and on your own website that plays songs from the artists you work with.